Sunday 19 May 2013

Where we are and why we are where we are

I started this blog a few days ago. I have been pretty busy with it, although not as busy as it might appear. The material I am putting up here has all being prepared before. Any work is in the editing and that doesn't take long. However, I don't want to tax your patience with multiple posts.

As you can see from previous posts, I am currently concentrating for the next few days on CH Spurgeon's adherence to the Doctrines of Grace, commonly called Calvinism. I have collated and (by necessity) summarised many, if not most, of his printed quotes on the subject. Next, I have collated his position on the individual points. To date, I have covered Total Depravity, Unconditional Election, Particular Redemption and Irresistible Grace (links on the sidebar) and, obviously hope soon to complete it in the next day or two. Possibly tomorrow. 

A lot of this stuff is currently on my website: www.corkfpc.com which will probably cease at the end of the year.  As you will appreciate, there has been hundreds of hours of work gone into the various articles, and I want them to be preserved. There is valuable information here which will prove helpful.  I think the best move is here to a blog. One thing that I would like is some feedback.  After I post Spurgeon's Perseverence of the Saints coments, I will try and put together an article on his Calvinism in general. At least, I can prove I have done my homework :o) I don't want to be controversial for controversy's sake, but neither do I want these posts with their important subjects to be lost in some kind of respectable theological academia either. 

Can I appeal to you to do your little bit to make this site known? A word fitly spoken, how good is it. If you are reading this page because you picked it up through my tweets, then please retweet. This would certainly be appreciated. 

Keep in touch! 

Colin.

P/s Please remember that I am heavily involved in full time evangelism, and so this site is a relative sideshow along the way. Again, after I get the really important stuff up, things will maybe quieten down in relation to the number of posts. So bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to comment here provided that the usual principles of Christian comment e.g. politeness etc. are observed.