Friday 17 May 2013

Welcome

Hi!


Welcome to my new blog where I hope to post articles regularly that should prove to be helpful to you. As it will become quickly apparent, these are coming from a Reformed, Protestant and Calvinist perspective which (more essentially) I see to be the correct Biblical position. However, I am always open to correction, but only by being convinced by Biblical argument alone. 

Sometimes my Norn Iron humour can be hard to grasp. If you weren't born in Belfast, then you might struggle with it ;o)  Learn to laugh if you haven't already done so.  

Having said that, the tone of these articles will be generally respectful and reverent. Any comments to the same will also be expected to conform to the same pattern. I tend to see myself in the Calvinist debate as a defender rather than an attacker, although (to use soccer parlance) the odd yellow card deserved to be flashed for a late tackle now and again. This blog is not robot generated, but operated by an imperfect human being of like passions as you have. We can agree to agree or agree to disagree. When all is said and done, it is MY blog and I can and will delete any comments that I find unsuitable. I don't normally delete those who just happen to disagree with me. I usually enjoy the cut and thrust of respectful debate. I expect to find many of my non Calvinist opponents in Heaven, but only if they are regenerated by the Spirit of God (John 1:13) I do not believe Arminianism to be another gospel, but I tend to see it as it as dilution of the gospel.  That does not stop me quoting men like John Wesley or Harry Ironside or those who did not come to the Calvinist position I now hold.  

This blog grew out  of ongoing activities as weecalvin1509 on Twitter, where the cut and thrust element has been pretty bloody at times. Mostly, alas, with anti Calvinist Independent Fundamental Baptists who think you can say that "Calvinism is Satanic" in one tweet, only to favourably quote Spurgeon in the next. I must admit I struggle big time to get my head round that kind of mentality.  Working on the principle that if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it can call itself whatever it wants. The rest of the world sees it as a duck. If you use a Protestant translation of the Bible (KJV) - sing Protestant hymns 99% of the time and study and favourably quote Protestant commentaries, then I have you classified accordingly. Maybe you need to read your Trail of Blood again ;o) As I have often tweeted, #Calvinists don't do fluff and when you need the real meat, then you know where to find it.

So, feel free to access this blog regularly.

Colin

2 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to congratulate you on your new site. It's good to see you publishing again and I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts once more. I may not be so vocal but I've added your feed to my reader. I always be lurking! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you the other day, Kc. I really miss Rose's Reasonings. There were giants in the earth in those days. I wonder will the old gang turn up here sometime? I miss Alvin... Calvinism vs Alvinism ;o)

    ReplyDelete

All are welcome to comment here provided that the usual principles of Christian comment e.g. politeness etc. are observed.