Monday 20 January 2014

jtc1

 
CLICK ON PHOTOGRAPH TO ENLARGE


 7. Baptists are maintaining in the world sound evangelical doctrines of faith. They believe in the fundamental doctrines of grace and preach them. In a generation which is honeycombed with error it is a good thing to have one denomination which holds to the old faith. In a recent letter to Dr. Strong, of Rochester, that stalwart Presbyterian, Dr. William G. T. Shedd, says:
"Among the denominations we all look to the Baptists for steady and firm adherence to sound doctrine. You have never had any internal conflicts, and from year to year you present an undivided front in the defense of the Calvinistic faith. Having no judicatures, and regarding the local church as a unit, it is remarkable that you maintain such a unity and solidarity of belief.

Found here: http://ow.ly/sKOww
 
 NOTE:


I have found a new friend on Twitter from the Calvinism-is-heresy-but-my heroes-are-Calvinists Baptist contingent. I am not going to go back over his tweets to substantiate my charge here because just as I quickly tire of reading the blow by blow accounts of others, I reasonably expect that you would tire too if I engaged in it. Bun fights make for good entertainment but I aim for something a little bit more solid on this blog. Feel free to do your own homework. 

I reproduce #NRT's tweet concerning John T Christian because it gives us an insight into one who is obviously a revered Baptist historian. The language in the tweet is pretty impressive. I see a pattern emerging here with the old Baptist historians whose works are dug up by modern day Baptist zealots. Especially those who go on Jihads against Calvinism but amazingly parade Calvinistic Baptists as their heroes. I discuss it here when my friend #Wylie engaged in it.

I must admit that I smile when I get a new Baptist Historian name to go after. (I had never heard of JT Christian until #NRT mentioned him a few days ago.) It seems to me that the older the work then the more Calvinism friendly it becomes. Not only Calvinism friendly, but Protestantism friendly too. I contend again that I, as an Amill Presbyterian Calvinist  have much more in common with their Baptist heroes than the #IFB anti Calvinism brigade have.  (Again - as a side show in this post - I take this thought up here.)

INDEXES:

* CALVINIST INDEX
* PROTESTANT INDEX
* CH SPURGEON INDEX
* EVANGELISM INDEX
* HERE AND THERE INDEX,

* YouTube VIDEO INDEX
* 3 MINUTE AUDIOBOO INDEX

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to comment here provided that the usual principles of Christian comment e.g. politeness etc. are observed.